If you are considering plant machinery hire for your construction project, it is important to be aware of what types of machinery are available, the cost and benefits, and best practices for finding the perfect plant hire company for you. Our complete guide to plant machinery hire will cover everything you need to know.
What Plant Machinery is available for hire?
Plant and machinery hire involves a company hiring out a range of tools and equipment to be used in third-party construction and building projects. The company hiring this equipment will most likely not have this equipment themselves to avoid the overheads of maintaining and owning such large equipment, making this option extremely cost-effective.
Whatever plant machinery you need, there will be a company that is hiring it out on a short- or long-term basis. Some of the most frequent types of plant machinery include:
- Excavators: micro, mini and midi
- Diggers and mini-diggers
- Backhoe Loaders
- Skid-Steer Loaders
- Track Dumper
- Drum Roller
How much does it cost to hire Plant Machinery?
The exact cost to hire equipment will vary from company to company, and will depend on a variety of context-specific factors:
- The type of machinery/equipment you want to hire
- How long do you want to hire the machinery/equipment for
- Your location
- Upfront deposit
- Travel costs for the delivery and collection
- Operator costs if needed
- Insurance cover (potentially)
Is it cheaper to buy or hire Plant Machinery?
Hiring plant machinery is a much cheaper option than buying plant machinery outright, as you must also store and maintain the equipment. With hiring, you have the benefit of using the equipment when needed, but without paying to fix it or replace it when it no longer works. However, if you are working in a job that will require certain machinery consistently and over the long term, then you may want to consider buying the equipment.
How to find the best plant hire companies
Searching for the best hire company that can supply you with the machinery you need for your job can be difficult. The experts at Easy Plant Hire advise the following when embarking on your journey:
- Go local: You will be able to save money by hiring a company that is local to you, as most companies will charge for the delivery and collection of the machinery. Opting for a local company will keep these costs down.
- Do your research: By knowing exactly what you want – such as which machinery and how long you would like it for – you will be able to speed up the process and determine which company is the best fit for you. If you’re unsure of all your options, then have the questions ready to ask the company you are contacting for a quote.
- Check the reviews: Yell.com feature reviews, references and ratings for companies, and these will give you a good idea of the experience other customers had with the hire company you are considering.
Easy Plant Hire offer a high-quality plant machinery hire service with short- and long-term options. No matter what the task is, we will be able to provide you with the machinery and equipment needed to get the job completed to the highest standard and at an accessible cost. Our flexible hire terms range from as little as a single day to weeks or months at a time. This includes discounts on longer hires. We can also provide a CPCS Plant operator for £200 per day.
Easy Plant Hire is the most affordable, reliable and fast service if you’re looking for plant machinery or equipment hire in Surrey and West Sussex. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.